Board management software is an application for secure digital communication between members of boards of directors. Board meeting management software is meant for effective management of their activities and responsibilities. A board portal usually offers various tools to make communication more seamless. With the right board meeting software, a board of directors can operate efficiently, saving time and money.
The Benefits of Board Software
Board software provides the following advantages:
Improved Board Governance
The board of directors software significantly reduces the time for meeting preparations. All the necessary documents can be uploaded to the cloud instantly. Besides, board portal software allows to set up meetings, organize committees (a few at once) and surveys, request votes, create templates of meeting agendas, etc.
Better Data Access Control
Secure board portals help to control the information users have access to. It’s possible to add/remove meeting members, assign them to one or more committees, give access to sensitive information, recover forgotten passwords, enable/disable file printing, emailing, and annotations, etc.
Increased Engagement of Board Members
Board collaboration software reduces the need for frequent meetings and gives a chance to conduct all the tasks on schedule. Besides, board members can access relevant data at any time, from anywhere, and on any device. Thus, they can quickly impart information.
Reduced Board Governance Costs
Many users migrate to a board meeting app because of this. As it was mentioned earlier, companies may waste valuable time and money on preparing data packets before board meetings. With the best board portals, data can be exchanged instantly!
The Main Features of Board Portal Software
Board meeting management software provides a whole host of useful features:
- Sharing news and information. Board meeting management allows exchanging data in a secure and productive manner. Users can access the documentation day and night using various devices and operational systems.
- Wide choice of formatting and editing options. This board document management feature simplifies the process of file categorization and makes documentation more comprehensible for all members.
- Improved collaboration instruments. The board meeting center provides tools to edit boardroom data, create agendas, keep the detailed history of users’ activities, and more in an easy way.
- Ability to start with a template. Board agenda software gives a chance to create documents and meeting agendas either from scratch or with the help of the templates. Thus, a board of directors has more flexibility in terms of managing the essential data and meeting notes.
- Easy management of board documentation. With a board documents center, one can easily upload and share the board meeting packages. Also, all your board files will be kept on a centralized and secure portal, and access to this data can be controlled by administrators only.
- Calendar (a meeting scheduling tool).
- 24/7 governance assistance. Boardroom providers usually offer around-the-clock support in order to timely help their clients. It guarantees board governance is executed efficiently and without undesired troubles.
- Ability to make commentaries and notes.
- Real-time mode communication. Thanks to video integration, board members can communicate with each other via live discussions, video calls, etc.
How to Conduct Board Portal Comparison
While picking board management software, users are recommended to follow these simple tips:
- Read as many board portal reviews as possible. Thus, you’ll get to know other users’ experiences. Pay special attention to the next aspects:
- Security: If you want to protect your data, you need state-of-the-art security software with encryption – not just another file management system. Make sure potential board portal vendors make you comfortable with your data security needs.
- Adaptability: The software needs to be accessible on multiple devices, with an intuitive interface, and accompanied by live support. The availability of training programs is also important.
- Functionality: Meeting preparations are typically time-consuming (especially, for multiple boards). Even though data can be updated instantly, it still may be confusing for the board of directors to keep track of changes and make some notes timely. Therefore, real-time notifications of any changes to your board book, the possibility to share your annotations with others, or purge them, are quite vital capabilities for board management. Basic functionality, like accessing your board books online or offline, just seems simple but may not be offered by a potential vendor. So check all the features twice before making your choice!
- List and evaluate all pros and cons of your current board management solution. If it has some weaknesses, you are better to think over a board portal as soon as possible.
- Make use of different online resources to conduct board portals comparison yourself. There are lots of guides and reviews regarding the topic.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to find the best board software for your company’s needs.
What Kind of Companies Need Board Meeting Software?
Board portals can be used by companies of all sizes and in all industries as far as they have board-related issues/tasks, such as:
- Managing committees
- Requesting signatures
- Updating calendars
- Securely storing files
- Sending surveys
- Requesting votes
- Managing information permissions
You may think that there is board software for commercial/governmental/financial companies only. However, even not-for-profit organizations can make use of boar managing software. Board portals for nonprofits manage counseling tasks as effectively as in other cases! Generally speaking, board meeting management contributes to secure communication, easy information access, and better decision-making regardless of your company’s branch of activity.